By: Lesley Brown
Share This Post
Urban challenges of electric mobility – 10 October
Developing electric mobility is one of the key solutions for cities to build a sustainable future. Beyond environmental and public health concerns, electrification of the mobility sector involves technological issues and also raises fundamental questions over urban planning:
- What does developing electric mobility mean in terms of urban planning and construction methods?
- How to make all types of mobility coexist on a constrained road system?
- How to develop a reliable and responsive charging network, where, how quickly, and what should the roll-out schedule be?
- What transformations of the urban electricity network does this imply?
To debate on this topic, La Fabrique de la Cité welcomes experts from innovative European cities leading the way in electric mobility, who will share their experience of urban development challenges.
– Gijs van der Poel – market analyst, ElaadNL (Netherlands)
– Bertold Plugboer – project manager, Amsterdam Elektrisch
– Jenny Skagestad – urban transport advisor, Zero Emission Resource Organisation (ZERO), Norway